SAN FRANCISCO, July 8, 2021 /PRNewswire/ — The global video laryngoscope market size is anticipated to reach USD 1.3 billion by 2028, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The market is expected to expand at a CAGR of 18.1% from 2021 to 2028. The growing number of respiratory disorders and increasing preference for video laryngoscopy over direct laryngoscopy are boosting the growth.
Key Insights & Findings:
- The market is expected to witness a significant CAGR of 18.1% during the forecast period
- The rigid laryngoscopes segment was the largest revenue-generating segment of the product type in 2020. This contribution is mainly because of its advantages over direct laryngoscopes along with new product developments
- The reusable segment dominated the market and accounted for the largest revenue share of over 71.0% in 2020. The associated advantages such as one-time installment and product superiority are propelling segment growth
- The non-channeled segment held the largest revenue share in 2020 owing to its broader product range and increased preference
- The cart-based segment dominated the market in terms of revenue share in 2020 owing to its increased usage in hospitals and large product offerings by the industry players
- The in-hospitals segment held the largest revenue share in 2020. The growth can be attributed to the presence of experienced healthcare professionals and a large number of patient footfall under these facilities
- North America dominated the market in 2020. The advanced healthcare infrastructure and favorable reimbursement policies along with the increasing number of target population anticipated to bolster market growth
Read 150 page market research report, «Video Laryngoscope Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Product (Rigid, Flexible), By Usage Type (Reusable, Disposable), By Channel Type, By Device Type, By End Use, By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2021 – 2028«, by Grand View Research
The rising incidence of COPD is expected to increase the adoption of advanced airway management devices such as video laryngoscopes and minimize the healthcare expenditure associated with the use of conventional methods. Moreover, the rise inpatient population has led the government to undertake various initiatives to raise awareness, which is also anticipated to drive the market. The battery-operated, self-contained, lightweight, and wireless devices are being introduced in the market, which allows healthcare providers to maintain medical records, track the health status of patients, and obtain data within a limited time.
Increased usage of these devices during the COVID -19 pandemic is further boosting its demand. In many countries such as Australia and New Zealand, it’s recommended to use video laryngoscopes in the first attempt of intubation to reduce the risk of contamination. The industry players also ramped up their production process in the first quarter of 2020 to cater to the growing demand, thereby, affecting the growth rate over the forecast year.
Grand View Research has segmented the global video laryngoscope market on the basis of product, usage type, channel type, device type, end use, and region:
- Video Laryngoscopes Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 – 2028)
- Rigid Video Laryngoscopes
- Flexible Video Laryngoscopes
- Video Laryngoscopes Usage Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 – 2028)
- Reusable Video Laryngoscopes
- Disposable Video Laryngoscopes
- Video Laryngoscopes Channel Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 – 2028)
- Non-Channeled Video Laryngoscopes
- Channeled Video Laryngoscopes
- Video Laryngoscopes Device Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 – 2028)
- Cart based Video Laryngoscopes
- Handheld Video Laryngoscopes
- Video Laryngoscopes End-use Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 – 2028)
- Other (ENT Clinics, Training/Teaching Etc.)
- Video Laryngoscopes Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 – 2028)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- List of Key Players of Video Laryngoscope Market
- Prodol Meditec
- Ambu A/S
- KARL STORZ SE & Co. KG
- Nihon Kohden Corporation
- Verathon Inc.
- Salter Labs
- VDO Medical Inc
- AAM Healthcare
- Hebei Vimed Medical Device Company, Ltd.
- Olympus Corporation
Browse through Grand View Research’s coverage of the Global Medical Devices Industry:
- Airway Management Devices Market– The global airway management devices market size was valued at USD 1.1 billion in 2016 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 7.6% during the forecast period
- Bronchoscopes Market– The global bronchoscopes market size valued at USD 15.4 billion in 2017 and is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 8.3% from 2018 to 2025.
- Prefilled Syringes Market– The global prefilled syringes market size was valued at USD 8.6 billion in 2016 and is projected to expand at a CAGR of 11.2% over the forecast period.
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Follow Us: LinkedIn | Twitter